Whiter Sinks

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Kitchen Cleaning and other Cleaning topics.

How do I clean my white sink?

Whiter Sinks

When going about your kitchen cleaning, you want your white kitchen sink to shine when you're through. To get it to sparkle, place paper towels across the bottom of the sink and saturate it with bleach. Let it stand for 1/2 hour then rinse.

   

Comments

8/21/2006 3:32:23 PM
carolyn said:

why use toxic chemicals, when baking soda does as good a job for you.


8/21/2006 5:48:16 PM
lilly said:

if you have those deposits around the edges soak the paper towels with viniger and leave overnight and in the morning 95% will just wipe off with the paper towels and the other 5% will only take a minute amount of comet and hardley any elbow grease.


8/21/2006 7:37:59 PM
gerald at abcfence &furniture said:

i had tryed a lot of stuff none worked good now i try this . if it works [ thanks a bundle ]


12/15/2007 3:59:55 AM
Rocky said:

What a lot of trouble - instead, as cleanser (for EVERYTHING including glass topped stoves), the best product is Barkeepers' Friend. If not at your local market or Wal-Mart, Ace carries it. It is a mild abrasive, gets out all the dark spots that tend to form in chips in the enamel as you clean the sink.


12/15/2007 8:00:51 AM
honey said:

I'm going to try it tonight, because today my kitchen will gets lots of use with Christmas baking. I have previously filled my sink with a mix of bleach and dish washing liquid with water and let stand for at least 2 hrs. This sounds so much more efficient and I am going to try the non toxic solution of baking soda too. Thanks


12/15/2007 12:36:49 PM
corrie said:

the bottom of my white kitchen sink is orange and darker where dripping faucet lands. tried to make a point of water problem & drip by pressing used lemon wedges on darker areas, going to bed, then waking up to nice white patterns in sink! so lemon must be an option too.


12/15/2007 2:57:11 PM
Virginia said:

Bleach eats away the enamel


12/24/2007 4:53:10 PM
Carleen said:

Try using Wink. It comes in a brown bottle. Whitens up everything. Also, Mr Clean magic erasers are the BOMB! Not sure what is in there that makes it work so well. Good luck




Name:


URL: (optional)


Comment:


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Cleaning Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!


Guru Spotlight
Christina Chan